Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: NIZO 6080???

  1. #1
    Inactive Member John Mark King's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2004
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello all, this is strange I guess for intros, but I was hoping someone here could help me out with some info. Back in the 1980s Braun/Nizo had a camera for 'professional' Super-8 filmmaking. It had extended footage cartridges (similar to the top end magazines on 16 & 35mm cameras) and also a bellows type matte box, plus many other extras. I think this model was called the Nizo 6080 but I am not too sure about the numerical nomenclature. Anybody here familiar with this camera? If so any info on how one might be obtained?

    Thanks in advance,

    Modern Farmer

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep, the magnificent Nizo 6080.
    I had one (sadly, I sold it).
    It's the only quiet super 8 camera, has a nice lens, all the usual bells and whistles.
    Fantastic cameras, and they fetch a pretty high price.
    I had to pay $750 for mine and then put $350 into getting it tuned up & serviced, but they seem to go from $400-$600 -ish on ebay.
    The Nizo 6056 is almost identical, but has a shorter lens, and can be had for a bit less money.

    Matt Pacini

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •